What is Shilajit? Health Benefits, Side Effects, Uses
History of Shilajit.
The organic compound known as Shilajit has a long and rich history and has been used for thousands of years in the Ayurvedic system of medicine. Translated from Sanskrit, Shilajit literally means “conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness” and is the most important natural remedy of Ayurveda.
The western world knew very little about this dark and tarry organic substance commonly called Mineral Pitch or Asphaltum until it was introduced in the early 1990’s by Russian Olympic athletes and coaches from the former Soviet Union. More recently, due to an increasing awareness and curiosity surrounding holistic medicine and more natural and herbal approaches to healing there is renewed interest in Ayurvedic Medicines and specifically Shilajit.
Origins of Shilajit.
Shilajit is harvested from between rocks in the mountainous of the Altai region in Central & East Asia. This tar-like natural compound is the result of compressed decomposed prehistoric organic matter under intense pressure for tens of thousands of years. Shilajit will ooze from between the layers of rock during the summer months and is collected in its raw form for further purification.
Contents of Shilajit.
An analysis of Shilajit shows that it is a rich source of organic elements including 85 minerals, amino acids, humic and fulvic acids and a wide range of organic vitamins that were created during the decaying process of the organic matter. These humic acids are known to maintain good health as they are the building blocks of cells and form a bond between essential minerals and the living cells and help the body’s absorption of vitamins and minerals.
Benefits of Shilajit include:
● Naturally Detox Your Body and Removes Toxins
● Increases Stamina and Energy Level
● Potent Vitamin and Mineral Source
● Naturally increases the production of beneficial hormones
● Increases energy and performance at the cellular level resulting in improved alertness, energy and recovery.
● Protects your cells and prevents aging due to the inherent antioxidant properties. Shilajit contains antioxidants which protect your cells from damage thereby slowing the aging process. The humic and fulvic acids in Shilajit deliver these antioxidants directly to cells protecting them from damaging free radicals and premature aging.
Shilajit Health Benefits Detox Increases Energy
Where Can I Get Shilajit?
When you are ready to add this potent adaptogenic herbal complex to your natural holistic health program, simply place your order below.